Waupaca Youth Basketball Club 2017 Season Information
The Waupaca Youth Basketball Club (WYBC) is excited to share the 2017 season information. The WYBC is a volunteer, non-profit organization committed to developing excellence in the youth of our Waupaca community by teaching the skills, disciplines, teamwork, and competitive spirit that are acquired through the game of basketball.
Key guidelines about the WYBC opportunity:
- The 2017 season runs from October through March, and is offered to boys and girls in 3rd – 8th grade. The cost is $150/player for the season which includes uniform, practice jersey, ball, backpack and all tournament fees, with an ala-carte option if you have useable equipment from last season which then costs just $50 to join.
- Teams will usually play a number of tournaments aligned to grade level – for example 5th grade will play roughly 5 tournaments while 8th grade will play roughly 8 tournaments.
- Tournaments are typically played within 60-80 miles of Waupaca, with one home tournament.
- Teams typically practice once per week for 3rd-5th grade, and twice per week for 6th and 8th grade. 7th and 8th grade will coordinate practices with the school basketball program to allow participation in both opportunities.
- The WYBC sponsors basketball skills sessions on Sunday evenings at the High School for all kids starting in early October.
- Coaches are primarily parents/volunteers, and we are always looking for head coaches or assistant coaches
- WYBC is sponsor supported. Thank you to our 2017 sponsors: Nekoosa Coated Products, Waupaca Foundry, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Farmer’s State Bank, CharaProperties, Dunsirn Partners, PS Capital, Advanced Family Eyecare, Strongwood Homes, Johnson Insurance Agency, and Office Outfitters. If you are interested in sponsorship please visit the sponsorship section of our website.
- This opportunity is for all youth. The WYBC is the best way to learn the game and become the next basketball star at the high school level and beyond! We hope to see you out on the court this season! GO COMETS!